AFI Silver Theatre Proof of Vaccination Guidelines
Beginning September 1, 2021, the AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center will require proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test result from within the past 72 hours for entry. Everyone entering the theatre must show proof as specified below.
Note: our current attendance policy ALSO requires masks to be worn inside AFI Silver (see below).
PROOF OF VACCINATION
Government-issued photo ID + one of the following which includes your name, type of COVID-19 vaccine provided and date last dose administered:
- vaccination card
- photo of your vaccination card as a separate document
- photo of your vaccination card stored on a phone or electronic device
- MyIR digital vaccination certificate from Maryland or DC
- Virginia Immunization Information System (VIIS) vaccination certificate (as a separate document or a digital certificate on your phone/device)
- documentation of full vaccination from a healthcare provider (which includes your name and confirms that you're fully vaccinated* against COVID-19)
- CLEAR app digital vaccination certificate
*Please note: "fully vaccinated" means more than two (2) weeks have passed since receiving your one-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson/Janssen) or your second dose of an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or other FDA or World Health Organization-approved vaccine.
PROOF OF A NEGATIVE TEST
Government-issued photo ID + negative COVID-19 PCR test within three (3) days of visit.
Please be advised that "rapid/antigen" and "antibody" test results are not accepted.
Additional Health & Safety Precautions
The following precautions to help ensure the health and safety of our staff and for the comfort of our patrons remain in place at this time:
- If you are experiencing symptoms such as fever or cough, or have had exposure to someone experiencing symptoms, please refrain from visiting the theatre until you are well.
- All guests are required to wear masks when visiting the theatre. Mask removal is only allowed while consuming concession items in your theater seat.
- Staff and patrons are encouraged to maintain a comfortable social distance whenever physically possible.
- Patrons are asked to leave the building following their completed screening.
Building and Operational Safety
- MERV-13 filters have been installed throughout the HVAC system.
- Outside air intake increased, with full building air exchange every 15 minutes.
- Automatic hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the building.
- Contactless payment terminals installed.
- Touchless ticket scanners installed.
- Plexiglass barriers placed at all café, concession and ticket-taking stations.
Staff Health and Safety
- All AFI Silver staff have been trained on current procedures and safety measures relating to COVID-19 prevention.
- Staff must use gloves when preparing concession orders.