HOW TO BUY TICKETS
$13 General Admission
$11 Seniors (65+), students and military (with valid ID)
$11 AFI Members (2-Star level and higher)
$8 Children (12 and under)
$10 Matinee tickets, weekdays before 5:00; Sat. and Sun. before noon. Holidays excluded.
Group Rate: for group rates (25 or more people), contact email@example.com or call 301.495.6720.
The AFI Silver box office opens approximately 30 minutes before the first scheduled screening each day. Tickets to screenings may be purchased in person or (recommended) online in advance of showtime.
- We recommend purchasing tickets online in advance of showtime. Click here for a list of available films. There are several places on this website to click in order to get to the purchase point, including the VIEW BY DATE and VIEW BY TITLE buttons located above the daily calendar window (which appears on every page of the website); or by clicking on any individual film title within that calendar. Once you are on the page of the film for which you wish to purchase tickets, scroll down to see available dates and showtimes, then CLICK on your desired showtime to select it. You will then be guided through the secure online purchase process.
- After purchasing online, you will receive an email confirmation with your ticket that includes a QR code and your reserved seat(s). Be sure to check your spam folder if you don't see the email in your inbox. Bring your ticket displayed on your cell phone or print your ticket to be scanned when you arrive at AFI Silver for your screening.
- If you cannot present proof of your online ticket purchase via your email confirmation QR code or a print-at-home ticket, you may retrieve your online purchased ticket at the box office with the same credit card used to purchase the ticket.
- Currently, all tickets are reserved seating only. Please consult the seat maps on display outside each theater to help identify your seat location before entering the assigned theater.
Cashless Payments and Touchless Transactions
- Currently, only cashless transactions are allowed (payment by credit or debit card only; AFI Silver accepts American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover as well as mobile payment apps including Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay).
- Contactless payment terminals with chip readers are now in use.
- Handheld, touchless ticket scanners are now in use.
In AFI Silver Theatre
- If you are vaccinated, the wearing of a mask inside AFI Silver is voluntary. Any unvaccinated persons are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to wear a mask.
- Upon arrival at AFI Silver, have your ticket QR code displayed on your cell phone or have your printed ticket ready to show AFI Silver staff.
- We can accept paper gift certificates on site for ticket and concession purchases, and will soon introduce new electronic/swipe-able gift cards.
AFI Member, Courtesy and Re-entry Passes:
- We can accept AFI Member passes on site for admission to all shows not designated “no passes,” and AFI Silver courtesy and re-entry passes on site for admission to any regularly priced show.
- Note: AFI Member passes are valid for most repertory film screenings but may be subject to restrictions for first-run engagements and special events. Please check each film's page for pass restriction information.
Silver Rewards Loyalty Program:
- Silver Rewards participants earn Loyalty Points for ticket purchases. Be sure to log into your Silver Rewards account prior to purchasing tickets online.
- Loyalty Points may be redeemed to make on-site purchases at AFI Silver.